Project: Ness (Iasi and Timisoara)
Number of openings: 1
IBM is seeking skilled network professionals to support IBM Cloud Managed Services clients and datacenters. This position is a highly technical role featuring elements of network architecture, design and support. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies and IBM / client environments. For this position we are looking for a team player candidate that could provide assistance to our clients with an excellent English communication skills.
- Provide layer 4 network support in a multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, JunOS, Brocade Vyatta);
- Coordinate troubleshooting activities with other teams for Operating Systems (Linux, Unix, Windows), DBA’s (SAP, Oracle) and other shared infrastructure applications (SMTP, DNS, LDAP);
- Coordinate with IBM project managers for network on-boarding activities in support of customer activations;
- Work along with multiple ISPs and our clients in order to provide solutions and implementation assistance for IBM’s datacenters.
Each person in the team performs the following tasks:
- Enable communication over specific layer 4 ports;
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues;
- Work together with other teams (ie: Linux, Windows, Databases, SAP among others) to implement and resolve connectivity issues;
- Setup all the configuration needed to onboard new customers;
- Work together with different ISPs and customers to fix communication issues between our customers’ networks and IBM;
- Help with audits and reports related to the network;
- Execute software upgrades;
- Work with hardware vendors / providers to fix configuration issues / bugs and hardware failures.
Required experience (configurations and diagnosis) in the following areas:
- Routing protocols (OSPF / EIGRP / Static);
- High availability protocols (VRRP / HSRP);
- Access lists (ACLs) / Firewall Filters;
- NAT / PAT;
- Loop prevention mechanisms at layer 2 (different kinds of STP);
- VLANs / Monitoring;
- Transport protocols TCP / UDP;
- Intermediate knowledge with Security: Firewalls / ASAs;
- IPSec tunneling;
- GRE tunneling.
Not mandatory but a plus:
- Familiarity or experience with industry cloud offerings such as Rackspace, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and SoftLayer;
- Familiarity with automated cloud network and server provisioning;
- Operating system experience: Unix / Linux / Windows;
- Hands on with Juniper / Checkpoint / Netscaler / Vyatta / F5 devices;
- Familiarity or experience with Geo Load Balancing;
- Familiarity or experience with SAN devices;
- VMWare / ESX Hypervisor;
- VPNs: DMVPN and SSL VPNs.
- Training on application;
- Access to trainings for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
Join our team! Apply here!