Experience: 3 – 5 years+
Number of openings:01
You will take a lead and hands-on role in building and maintaining the deployment and development processes using best-in-class tools. The role is part of geo’s cloud team, which is responsible for developing the platform which hosts all of geo’s modern internet connected devices. You will be using the AWS infrastructure and services to manage our fleet of servers and microservices.
- Manage the automated deployment process of geo’s cloud platform.
- Monitor, investigate and tune performance.
- Develop tools to aid the development team to build, deploy, monitor and test microservices.
- Ensuring geo cloud uses best-practice security.
- Drive change through improving process and tools.
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation and configuration documents, and release notes.
- Perform cloud server upgrades and security patches as necessary.
- Liaise between the Engineering and IT teams.
- Good knowledge of AWS platform, especially Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Lambda, Elastic Load Balancer, S3, Cloud Formation, Route 53, VPN, RDS, Auto Scaling and Security Groups.
- Good knowledge of cloud logging tools, especially the ELK stack.
- Good knowledge of cloud monitoring tools, especially Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana.
- Thorough knowledge of Linux administration.
- Good understanding of the software development cycle, ideally supporting an agile development process.
- Use of Git, Subversion or other version control tools.
- Use of Continuous Integration tools, especially Jenkins.
- Management of an in-production cloud platform.
- Desirable knowledge of clustered NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis.
- Desirable knowledge of Java, Spring to contribute to development of cloud microservices and tools.
- Training on application
- Access to training for self-development
- Be part of a dynamic team
- Floating holidays
- Flexible benefits basket
- Fun PS4 games and various team bonding and team building programs
- Attractive compensation scheme
About the client
GEO Based in Cambridge (UK) Green Energy Options specialize in the design, manufacture, and support of energy management display and information systems for domestic markets across Europe. Our focus is helping consumers understand and manage their domestic energy (and water) consumption and we make consumer products and apps to achieve this. Established in 2006 geo is now one of the leading home energy management system companies in the world having sold over 5 million systems.