Experience: 2+ years
Number of openings: 1
Education Networks of America (ENA) is the leading provider of infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions to schools and libraries in USA. Today, the company manages multiple statewide and district-wide networks, including 15 of the largest school systems in USA, successfully serving approximately 5,000 end sites; 570 school districts; 3.2 million students, teachers, and administrators; 280 libraries; and 3.2 million library patrons. ENA provides Broadband, Wi-Fi/LAN, Communication, and Cloud Solutions for K-12 Schools, Higher Education Institutions, and Libraries.
About the team in Iasi:
The development team in Iasi is working on ENA products since 2013. We are 10 people, on different technology streams (back-end, front-end, QAA, QAM, UX), working closely with the team in Nashville (Tennessee, USA) in a distributed Agile environment, developing the set of tools within ENA enterprise portal (my.ena.com). There are 20+ products developed so far (e.g. content filtering management, private cloud management, ticketing system, different reporting and BPM tools).
Role and responsibilities:
As a back-end developer your work will be focused on implementing or extending web services. You will be involved in the design process, will implement new features, maintain existing components, implement unit tests. You will work closely not only with other backend-end developers, but also with colleagues working on other technology streams (front-end, QAM, QAA, UX) in a distributed Agile environment, with whom you will attend the daily scrum meetings, elaboration and planning sessions, provide estimates and demoing the work. You will be in direct contact with Product Owners, discussing requirements and providing updates.
- 2+ years of experience with Java;
- Real-world experience building Java (7+) applications with a focus on resilience and uptime;
- Experience with JSON, XML, Spring, Maven, Tomcat;
- Experience with SQL (MySQL or similar);
- Strong OOP knowledge;
- Technical investigation, Debugging, Problem solving and analysis;
- Excellent English communication skills, both writing and speaking.
Nice to have:
- Experience using GIT;
- Experience with or willing to learn Go;
- Experience with NoSQL (Couchbase or similar);
- Experience exposing and consuming REST APIs;
- Knowledge of Cloudstack;
- Experience working within distributed teams, Agile development;
- Experience using and developing with Hashicorp tools like Nomad and Consul;
- Experience using and developing with Docker;
- Basic understanding of Microservices architecture;
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset;
- Experience on Linux and shell scripts.
- Training on application;
- Access to trainings for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
Join our team! Apply here!