Experience: 5+ years
Number of openings: 1
Tribal combines creativity with technology to move people, transform brands and build businesses.
Established in 1996 and with over 120 full-time staff, we deliver expertise in strategy, communications, applications, mobile and platform development. We also have a dedicated social media team and innovations lab – Tribal Spark.
Tribal Worldwide is the one of largest and most awarded global digital agency networks with 60 offices in 28 countries. Our multi-national clients include McDonald’s, Volkswagen, P&G, Pepsi, J&J, Unilever and Mars.
Our UK clients include among others: Volkswagen, O2, Guinness, Exxon Mobile, Fitness First and Morrisons.
The core responsibility is to work with the team members, developing code on time and to budget, and to do so in a manner that meets the client’s requirements and continues to improve the quality of the project.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Writing and testing code to a high standard across platforms and browsers, setting standards for others to follow;
- Providing accurate times and costs for project briefs, helping project management understand the use of the time and the skills required;
- Analysing project briefs to accurately produce technical/functional specifications;
- Supervising and report on work of other team members;
- Being thorough in any documentation and commenting of code ensuring documentation from other members is of a sufficient standard;
- Keeping track of changes in industry technologies and best practices, where applicable imparting this knowledge to others;
- Keeping their skills and knowledge up-to-date, for example by following industry website, attending conferences/talks and having relevant certifications.
Key Technical Requirements:
- Proven track record of development experience working on IT projects of high complexity;
- Proficient Java 7/8, Spring and Spring Boot;
- Excellent knowledge of Internet protocols, J2EE and Web technologies including popular Open Source frameworks and tools;
- Hands on experience in web/Java enterprise projects, preferably using frameworks like Spring, Hibernate etc.;
- Excellent working knowledge of database technologies SQL and NoSQL;
- Knowledge about most common web design patterns. (MVC is mandatory);
- Experience with REST Web Services, CRUD;
- Knowledge of common development best practices (e.g. TDD, SOLID);
- Ability to write performant and clean code;
- Proven experience of common development tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Gradle);
- Ability to quickly understand and code for a large, complex technical architecture of a large web based application;
- Experience using task management tools such as Jira.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Java 9;
- Experience with Spring Boot;
- Experience with Linux based systems and associated tools (e.g. RedHat, CentOS);
- Knowledge of Docker/ Kubernetes (deploy/running containers);
- Experience with JMX, AJAX;
- Microservices is a plus;
- Knowledge about caching;
- Knowledge about web common attacks – OWASP;
The successful candidate will:
- Work openly with other team members, and communicate effectively;
- Pay attention to detail and have a commitment to quality;
- Be able to present to a high standard both internally and more importantly to clients. They must be articulate and show a clear understanding of the work being presented;
- Be eager to learn and apply new skills and technologies that the business needs;
- Take ownership of their own development and solve problems in a resourceful and professional manner;
- English skills – good level both spoken and written.
- Training on application;
- Access to trainings for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fresh fruits and beverages;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
Join out team! Apply here!