Experience: 2+ years
Number of openings: 1
Education Networks of America (ENA) is the leading provider of infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions to schools and libraries in USA. Today, the company manages multiple statewide and district-wide networks, including 15 of the largest school systems in USA, successfully serving approximately 5,000 end sites; 570 school districts; 3.2 million students, teachers, and administrators; 280 libraries; and 3.2 million library patrons. ENA provides Broadband, Wi-Fi/LAN, Communication, and Cloud Solutions for K-12 Schools, Higher Education Institutions, and Libraries.
About the team in Iasi:
The development team in Iasi is working on ENA products since 2013. We are 10 people, on different streams (BackEnd, FrontEnd, QAA, QAM, UX), working closely with the team in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, using Agile methodologies, developing the ENA enterprise portal (my.ena.com) and its set of tools. There are 20+ products developed so far (e.g. content filtering management, private cloud management, ticketing system, different reporting and BPM tools).
Role and responsibilities:
As a back-end developer your work will be focused on implementing web services and will use specific technologies, which can be found in the ‘Key Requirements’ and ‘Nice to have’ sections. You will implement new modules and will also contribute in improving the existing ones. You will be involved in the design process, will implement new features, maintain existing components, implement unit tests. You will work closely not only with the other back-end developers, but also with the colleagues working on other technology streams (front-end, QAM, QAA, UX) in a distributed Agile environment, with whom you will attend the daily scrum meetings, elaboration and planning sessions, provide estimates and demoing the work. You will be in direct contact with Product Owners, discussing requirements and providing updates.
- 2+ years of experience in working with PHP;
- Experience with PHP 7 and Laravel framework;
- MVC and ORM frameworks experience;
- Ability to determine the path to implement development tasks by following high level requirements and with minimal oversight;
- Proficiency in writing modular and reusable code;
- Excellent English communication skills, both writing and speaking.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of GoLang or willing to learn it;
- Experience working within distributed teams, Agile development;
- Familiar with JIRA and GIT;
- Service discovery concepts knowledge;
- Experience with containerised applications.
- Training on application;
- Access to trainings for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fresh fruits and beverages;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
Join our team! Apply here!