Experience: 4+ years
Number of openings: 1
We believe in helping individuals & organizations stay ahead of the curve by disrupting the old ways of making business run faster.
Our open source technology is focused on user experience & allows IT to build intelligent business solutions at breakthrough speed.
Business is no longer a series of transactions but a constant flow of information, ideas, decisions, and outcomes. That’s why we’ve developed a software platform that connects people, content, & processes, giving organizations the power to start their journey towards Digital Transformation.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Android developer to help design, implement and support our portfolio of Apps and SDKs.
The successful candidate will have experience delivering complex native mobile apps via the Play Store, ideally in an agile environment. Good communication skills will be expected in order to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams as well as Product Management, User Experience and QA personnel.
As well as an in-depth knowledge of Java and the Android APIs, the candidate will have a good understanding of best practices applied across the Android platform and object-oriented programming.
- Analyze requirements, wireframes and capabilities of connected systems to propose appropriate solutions
- Write clean, maintainable, stable and unit-tested code
- Collaborate with QA Engineers from the team to help achieve high standards of quality in the product.
- Encompass dev-ops related tasks in your daily activities, such as working with VM’s, configure CI builds, scripting languages and version control systems
- Communicate project status on a regular basis, identifying potential issues in a timely manner
- Research and share industry innovations and trends
- At least 4 years of recent practical experience in software engineering in a commercial setting
- Good English skills, both written and verbal
- Android development experience of Play Store-published app(s)
- Object-oriented programming skills
- An understanding of networking, local data caching and multitasking on Android
- Familiar with Android design patterns and coding conventions as well as Google’s User Interface Guidelines and Play Store App Guidelines
- Unit testing strategies
- Git source control and familiarity with GitHub
- Experience with integrating third party libraries
- Experience of server operating systems (Linux and Windows Server)
- Profiling memory and CPU usage where necessary
- UI automation testing strategies
- RESTful APIs knowledge
- Usage of scripting languages are an advantage for developing tools to automate tasks or processes
- Continuous Integration, preferably Bamboo but familiarity with other systems such as Travis or Jenkins is desirable
Important Personal Qualities
- Flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes
- Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment
- Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate
- Motivated by helping others and provide technical coaching to less experienced engineers
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Some travel may be required for this role.
- Training on application;
- Access to training for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bonding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.