Experience: 3+ years
Number of openings: 1
About the client
At BetterWorks we know the world of planning, management, and execution can be complex and subjective. We provide a platform that allows our customers to set goals in a manner that provides transparency, promotes collaboration, and integrates their existing toolsets to provide a holistic view of the world. Unlike previous platforms, BetterWorks integrates with existing workplace systems and software (Jira, Salesforce, Google at Work, etc.), becoming the system of consolidation, not just the system of record. Our platform goes a step further by tying employee goals into their professional development and performance, providing high visibility and transparency to both employees and management. It’s a complex problem that needs to strong individuals to help solve in an elegant, easy to use manner.
This is an exciting role and an opportunity to join the Ness Betterworks Engineering team.
As an Experienced/Senior Backend Developer, you will work as part of an agile development team to design, develop, evolve and deploy various components of Betterworks , with a focus on backend development and exposure to front-end development, devops and building quality into the product.
You should have experience of Python development using Django framework, a commitment to producing quality work and a passion for learning new skills and technologies.
In this role you will be exposed to many of the diverse technologies and services on which Betterworks platform is built, and, when necessary, will work alongside other technical experts in these areas.
- 3-5 years of recent practical expertise in software engineering;
- Strong OOP experience and good knowledge of Python programming language;
- Strong knowledge of SQL and RDBMS;
- Version control tools experience (preferrably Git);
- High motivation and good team player;
- Passionate about new technology;
- Self driven in research and sharing best practices within the team;
- Full-stack development and code-to-deployment ownership mindset;
- Ability to verify functionality via unit testing and integration/regression testing;
- Good English communication skills;
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Django, Django REST frameworks;
- Database modelling;
- Leveraging Posgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, message queues;
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD approaches to development;
- Experience in building Microservices;
- Experience deploying and running containers (Docker/Kubernetes);
- Knowledge of clean coding best practices;
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools(Jenkins, CircleCI);
- Experience with cloud services ( AWS, Google Cloud,Heroku);
- Linux and scripting experience.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Some travel may be required for this role.
- Training on application;
- Access to trainings for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.